PERSONAL DATA INFORMATION
‘Personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’). An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
We may collect personal data information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, subscribe to the newsletter, make a donation on our site and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
CATEGORIES OF DATA OBTAINED DIRECTLY FROM USER
ACO Milwaukee may obtain personal data from the User including name, email address, postal address, telephone number, and payment card information. We collect this information when you:
- Email, text, or otherwise participate in any of the Services.
- Contact us for information or ask a question.
- Apply for a job or internship through ACO Milwaukee
- Otherwise, volunteer information to us or respond to a request for information through any of our Services.
- If you choose to participate in a survey, we may ask you to provide your date of birth, gender, education level, information about your employment, income level, and other information.
NON-PERSONAL DATA IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer, and technical information about the User’s means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
CATEGORIES OF DATA OBTAINED AUTOMATICALLY VIA TECHNOLOGY
Depending on which Services you use and how you access them, the information collected automatically through technology, such as access logs, cookies, pixels, and other tracking technologies, may include:
- Internet Protocol Address (IP address)
- The domain name of your Internet Service Provider
- The website, application, platform, or service you visited before and after visiting our Services.
- Information about your computer or mobile device, and their browser, operating system, settings, and software.
- Unique device identifiers on your mobile device, including as applicable the Apple or Google advertising identifiers.
- Your approximate geographic location (derived from requested header information, such as your IP address) and/or more precise location information if you have given ACO Milwaukee consent to receive this information for an ACO Milwaukee application on your mobile device.
- The dates, times, duration, and frequency of your interactions with our Services, search terms, the media files you download, interact with, or share, favorites you select, and your navigation path through our Services.
- Listening data, including information about your interactions with ACO Milwaukee podcasts and other media files, such as time and date stamps for when a file is downloaded and when playback of a particular segment or sponsorship message starts, stops, is skipped, or paused.
- Information about your interactions with our email messages.
- Any errors you encountered during your use of the Services.
DATA NOT OBTAINED DIRECTLY FROM YOU
HOW WE USE COLLECTED INFORMATION
ACO Milwaukee may collect and use User’s personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service. The information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- Customize the sponsorship messages you see and hear on our Services the User may use or visit.
- Offer you access to ACO Milwaukee events/training programs.
- Publish, broadcast, or otherwise use User materials
- To personalize the User experience. We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site. We may use the feedback you provide to improve our products and services. To process payments. We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order or donation only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To prevent potentially prohibit or illegal activities, comply with applicable laws, and enforce or Terms of Conditions and other legal rights.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey, or other Site feature to send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails. We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage, and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information, and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange like donation information between the Site and its Users happens over an SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell, trade, or rent User’s personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates, and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third-party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
ACO Milwaukee may share your personal data with the following categories of recipients:
- With public authorities when required by law, to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal processes, and other law enforcement measures, and to comply with legal or regulatory obligations.
- With social networking services, if you choose to share stories or other content with your friends and followers on the social networking service.
- With persons we contact on your behalf when you choose to email, text, or otherwise share a story or other content through the Services.
- With other parties if the information is anonymous and aggregate.
- With other parties if we have disclosed such sharing to you at the time of collection of the information or if we otherwise have your consent.
- ACO Milwaukee authorized third-party applications to provide certain Services to you on the third-party applications.
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors, and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites that have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Your personal data is retained no longer than is reasonably necessary to perform the processing described in this Notice and in case of any legal claims or complaints, or as required by law.
Compliance with children’s online privacy protection act
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our Site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
Subject to exemptions under applicable law (which may include, depending on the circumstances, U.S. law protecting the rights to free speech and free press or EU law protecting the rights to freedom of expression or information, including processing for journalistic purposes), you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- To request a copy of your personal data which ACO Milwaukee holds;
- To request that ACO Milwaukee provide you access to and/or rectify personal data that is inaccurate or out of date;
- To request the erasure of your personal data where it is no longer necessary for ACO Milwaukee to retain it;
- If you have consented to processing, the right to withdraw consent at any time;
- To lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
- To request a restriction on further processing where applicable;
- To lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
You may exercise these rights by contacting ACO Milwaukee at aco[at]acomilwaukee.com providing the email address you used to register with ACO Milwaukee, and stating your specific request in writing. ACO Milwaukee reserves the right to verify your identity and confirm your right to the information. The following options are also available:
- For information on opt-out tools for sponsorship messages click here.
- To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, click here for the Google Universal Analytics opt-out browser add-on: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. To learn more about how Google uses data, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
TRANSFER OF DATA ABROAD
Because ACO Milwaukee operates the Services from the US, your personal data may be transferred to the US and/or to countries or territories outside the EEA or Switzerland not recognized by the European Commission as ensuring an adequate level of protection pursuant to the GDPR. Where required, data transfers will be made subject to the terms of the applicable EU Standard Contractual Clauses or with your consent. ACO Milwaukee will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that personal data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice in respect of such transfer.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
3723 N 92ND STREET
MILWAUKEE, WI 53222
This document was last updated on February 27, 2022